World Swim Day 2022
Celebrating all that swimming has to offer!
World Swim Day 2022 is upon us, and we want to take this opportunity to celebrate all that swimming has to offer – it really is our bread and butter after all!
Here are top 10 reasons swimming is one of our favourite activities:
1. It’s a great sport for all age groups
2. Keeps the heart rate up whilst taking the impact on the body off (reduces the impact on your joints by 90% compared to land-based exercise!)
3. Builds endurance, muscle strength and cardiovascular fitness
4. Fun way to work out and socialise with friends or family
5. Great option for accessibility needs
6. Ideal for injury rehab
7. Alleviates stress as a relaxing form of exercise
8. Improves coordination, balance, and posture
9. Can be practiced all-year round, no matter the weather
10. Releases feel-good endorphins that naturally make us happy!
Sold? We thought so. In true World Swim Day spirit, get down to your nearest pool for a swim whenever you get a chance to celebrate and take advantage of all the wonderful benefits that swimming has to offer. Whether you swim often or can’t remember the last time – give it a go!
Want to know what swimming sessions we have on offer? Read our latest articles about some of our most popular sessions to find your favourite:
Then simply Find a Centre and check out the timetable.