Proud to be Places Leisure
Across leisure we are lucky to have some truly inspiring colleagues, who carry out their day to day roles not realising how truly inspiring they are, and the positive difference they have on their local communities. From something as simple as a friendly smile, to the delivery of a class that customers look forward to every week, it’s you that makes a difference and we’d like to say a massive thank you to you all for the tremendous work that you do in our communities - creating active places and healthy people!
Quest is the leisure industry’s only recognised Quality Assurance Tool for leisure facilities, designed to measure how effective organisations are at providing high quality customer service. Places Leisure was named Top Performing Organisation with 31+ registered facilities for the fourth consecutive year!
Other Quest Awards presented to Places Leisure at the Quest & NBS Conference in Kenilworth in February 2019 included:
• Riverside Leisure Centre managed by Places Leisure on behalf of Norwich City Council were awarded the 2nd Highest Performing facility managed centre in 2018 for Quest. Riverside retained their Excellent status.
• Gosport Leisure Centre, managed by Places Leisure on behalf of Gosport Borough Council were awarded the 3rd Highest Performing Facility.
• Godalming Leisure Centre managed on behalf of Waverley Borough Council won 5th Highest Performing Facility.
• Maltby managed on behalf of Rotherham Borough Council won the 4th Highest Scoring Mystery Visit.
• Wisewood Sports Centre received the prestigious NBS Customer Satisfaction Award from Sport England’s National Benchmarking Service (NBS), a scheme which allows local authorities to compare the performance of their sports and leisure centres with that of equivalent facilities elsewhere in the country. The award winning centre, which Places Leisure manage on behalf of Sheffield City Council was one of just three top-scoring facilities to receive an award in the Customer Satisfaction category at this year’s NBS Awards.
On the 17th April 2019, we were revealed as a finalist for the ukactive Awards 2019 within the category Insight of the Year. This category is for organisations or individuals who have undertaken high quality research and/or analysis over the last twelve months that will help inform the physical activity agenda, drive change and support ukactive’s aim of getting more people more active, more often. Our submission focused on our collaboration with Sport England and 4global. We have been working collectively to understand how social value can be measured on both a local and national level, providing us with a level of insight that has not previously been possible within the sector.
ukactive Awards finalists from across the sports and physical activity landscape will gather for the awards ceremony at Manchester Central on Thursday 6th June when the winners will be announced.
If you know a colleague or team who is making a real difference and deserves to be recognised for their excellent work then it’s time for you to nominate them for a Star Award!
What do you receive if you get nominated? Every Star Award nominee gets to choose between store vouchers to the value of £25, half a day of annual leave or a £25 charity donation.
What do the winners and runners up receive? Star Award finalists from across the Places for People Group are invited to a glittering ceremony later in the year. Winners are presented with £300 cash plus a £300 charity donation to their chosen charity. Runners up receive £200 cash. Those who receive the Team of the Year award are presented with £2,500 to use on something which would enhance their work life i.e. access to a professional qualification or educational visit to another country.
The deadline of the 30th June is fast approaching, so submit your Star Award nominations now to recognise those who ‘go the extra mile’!