Our self referral scheme
What is self referral?
If you have a health condition, or recently had an operation, our Self referral scheme will help you get back into fitness. Our qualified and friendly instructors will supervise and offer ongoing support.
We offer supervised gym sessions and gentle exercise classes as well as access to swimming activities. The initial consultation is free at which point our HR coordinators can then prescribe and advise on the best pathway for you from membership options to pay as you go.
The service will provide:
- A confidential service
- One-2-one consultation and support
- Understanding of your medical condition and any personal difficulties you may face.
- A tailored exercise plan which identifies activities that you enjoy and also provide health benefits
- An environment that is friendly, caring and comfortable
- Support to help you achieve your personal goals
- Contact with others who have experienced many of the same fears, difficulties and barriers - and have overcome them.
What can the programme help you achieve?
- Lose weight
- Decrease pain from Arthritis
- Manage Diabetes, Hypertension, Coronary Heart Disease, COPD and other health conditions
- Eat a healthy balanced diet
- Have more energy
- Sleep better
- Build confidence
- Meet new people
- And much, much more...
For further information, contact our Health and Wellbeing contract lead
email@example.com 01773 537940
William Gregg VC Leisure Centre- Karen Rhodes firstname.lastname@example.org
Alfreton Leisure Centre – Maxine Start Maxinestart@pfpleisure.org
Ripley Leisure Centre – Greta Davies Gretadavies@pfpleisure.org