Learn a new skill
We offer the following courses:
National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ)
NPLQ is widely accepted by swimming pools in the UK and Ireland as a minimum qualification as a role of a lifeguard within the swimming pool.
The NPLQ course includes 3 sections:
- Section 1 - The lifeguard and the Law, Swimming Pool and Supervision
- Section 2 - Intervention and Rescue and Emergency Action Plans
- Section 3 - Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and First Aid.
- Section 4 - AED
The course includes swimming pool rescue skills, basic life support, basic First Aid, managing a casualty suffering from a spinal injury, managing a swimming pool environment, identifying hazards that could cause harm to users and much more.
Every candidate attending a NPLQ course must be 16-years-old at the time of taking the NPLQ final assessment and be able to:
- Jump/dive into deep water
- Swim 50 metres in less than 60 seconds
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water
- Tread water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to the floor of the pool
- Climb out unaided without ladder/steps and where the pool design allows
Successful candidates will receive:
- RLSS NPLQ certificate for each candidate
- RLSS NPLQ Lifeguard manual for each candidate
- Handouts and revision sheets for each candidate
If you would like to find out more about upcoming NPLQ courses get in contact with Claire, on
Working in partnership with the Royal Lifesaving Society.
For more information or to make a booking please complete this booking form and email it through to us.