Learn to save lives
We regularly run NPLQ courses here at Dover District Leisure Centre. Learn valuable life saving skills and become qualified for a job in lifeguarding with part time and full time options available.
And why stop there? If you become a lifeguard at a Places Leisure Centre, you will have the opportunity to progress your career in leisure, with potential Placemaker, Placemaker Manager, and Duty Manager roles available in the centre. View our current vacancies.
NPLQ stands for National Pool Lifeguard Qualification and is widely accepted by swimming pools in the UK and Ireland as a minimum qualification as a role of a lifeguard within the swimming pool. The course is split into 4 sections:
- Section 1 - The lifeguard and the Law, Swimming Pool and Supervision
- Section 2 - Intervention and Rescue and Emergency Action Plans
- Section 3 - Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and First Aid.
- Section 4 - AED
The course includes swimming pool rescue skills, basic life support, basic First Aid, managing a casualty suffering from a spinal injury, managing a swimming pool environment, identifying hazards that could cause harm to users and much more.
Am I eligible to take part?
Every candidate attending a NPLQ course must be 16-years-old at the time of taking the NPLQ final assessment and be able to:
- Jump/dive into deep water
- Swim 50 metres in less than 60 seconds
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water
- Tread water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to the floor of the pool
- Climb out unaided without ladder/steps and where the pool design allows
What will I receive if I am successful?
Successful candidates will receive:
- RLSS NPLQ certificate
- RLSS AED certificate
Upcoming course details
2023 Course Dates
- Monday 13th - Saturday 18th February 2023
- Monday 14th August - Saturday 19th August
- Monday 23rd October - Saturday 28th October
To Book, call us on 01304 201145 or contact email@example.com.