Exercise Referral Scheme
Improving your health
What is exercise referral?
Exercise Referral is a formalised method of enabling those with certain medical conditions, and health risks, to access exercise in a safe and effective manner. Having been referred by a registered health professional you have the reassurance of knowing that physical activity is considered to be appropriate for you.
The 12-week referral period is designed to help participants develop the knowledge, skills and confidence they need to improve their health and wellbeing. Your allocated Exercise Referral Instructor will develop a personalised exercise regime and regularly review your progress order to:
- Help you achieve your best results
- Provide safe and effective ways to move more & be active
- Empower you to make positive changes to your lifestyle
- Advise, motivate and support you along your journey with us
Who is it for?
Typically, clients are required to be inactive, clinically stable, and compliant with their medication and committed to making a long term lifestyle change.
We can receive referrals for many conditions including: Hypercholesterolemia, Asthma, Hypertension (high blood pressure), Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Anxiety and Depression, Diabetes Type I and II, Obesity BMI > 30, Osteoporosis and Chronic musculoskeletal conditions.
How much does it cost?
The 12 week referral programme will cost £28 per month via direct debit, with no joining fee (usually £25).
Upon completion you will then have the opportunity to join our centre on any of our memberships that suits you. Terms & Conditions apply.
What does the programme include?
- Initial one-to-one consultation
- Regular progress reviews
- Qualified and friendly support
- A personalised exercise programme tailored to your needs
- Access to the Gym and Swimming Pool
- Group Exercise Classes - your Exercise Referral Instructor will highlight which classes will be beneficial to your fitness journey
How to get referred?
You’ll need a ‘prescription to exercise’ from your GP or health professional to get started. They will consider whether or not a referral to the scheme is appropriate. If Exercise on Referral is considered appropriate in supporting improvements to your health, they will complete a referral form. Please note that you cannot be accepted onto the scheme without a referral from your GP or other health professional.