Try something new!
Top tips for your first visit
Don't be shy - give something new a try! Here are a few top tips for your first visits for gym, swim and classes:
- Things to bring: cash for the car park, towel, water bottle, £1 coin or a padlock for the locker
- Ask one of the fitness team to show you how to use any unfamiliar equipment
- Download the Places Locker app to track your Moves and link to some equipment
- With weights, start low, get your technique right, then build
- Things to bring: cash for the car park, costume/trunks, goggles, towel, shampoo, swim hat, £1 coin or a padlock for the locker
- Pick up a free SWIMTAG from reception to track your swim and link to our Places Locker app
- Feel free to take your towel with you to poolside if you feel self-concious
- If you’re lane swimming, choose the right speed for you and follow the direction of the arrows
- Things to bring: cash for the car park, small towel, water bottle, £1 coin or a padlock for the locker
- Arrive 5-10 mins before the start
- Tell the instructor about any injuries and get some advice on technique
- Be social! Chat to the other participants, or take a friend
- Don’t worry if you don’t pick it all up the first time – you will!
Useful apps -
- Places Locker - see all your activity in one place, fitness programmes, challenges and more!
- SWIMTAG - track your swims, take part in challenges and link to Places Locker.