Train to be a lifeguard
Courses available at Wolverhampton Swimming and Fitness Centre
Looking to start your Lifeguarding career?
Learn new skills and help save the lives of others.
Are you aged 18-24, living in Wolverhampton and wanting to start your career but worried you don't have the experience to do so? Well look no further!
We are running a number of free of charge NPLQ courses for those who are looking to get into a great industry, no prior experience is necessary to take part in these courses, they will be running throughout the year here at Wolverhampton Swimming and Fitness Centre. NPLQ is widely accepted by swimming pools in the UK and Ireland as a minimum qualification as a role of a lifeguard within the swimming pool. The NPLQ course includes 3 sections:
• Section 1 - The lifeguard and the Law, Swimming Pool and Supervision
• Section 2 - Intervention and Rescue and Emergency Action Plans
• Section 3 - Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and First Aid.
• Section 4 - AED
The course includes swimming pool rescue skills, basic life support, basic First Aid, managing a casualty suffering from a spinal injury, managing a swimming pool environment, identifying hazards that could cause harm to users and much more. Every candidate attending a NPLQ course must be between 18-24 years-old at the time of taking the NPLQ final assessment and be able to:
• Jump/dive into deep water
• Swim 50 metres in less than 60 seconds
• Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water
• Tread water for 30 seconds
• Surface dive to the floor of the pool
• Climb out unaided without ladder/steps and where the pool design allows
Our next course is due to run on the following date:
Tuesday 21st February 2023
For more information please complete our enquiry form below and we will be in touch
Working in partnership with the Royal Lifesaving Society funded by