Keeping on my toes
A bit about badminton
Badminton is an easy sport to learn and can be a very social game. The speed of the shuttlecock also makes this one of the quickest of the racket sports. It can be played at any pace making it enjoyable for all ages.
Is a badminton court the place for you?
Badminton works your entire body as your legs are moving you round the court and your upper body helps you to hit the perfect return so it's a great all round workout. You can play at different levels too so those wanting a lower intensity rally can catch up on the chat at the same time, but for others a competitive game may be the way forward. Singles and doubles can be enjoyed depending on how many people are available.
Let's get you started
- Book a court today using the timetable
- Members - Free off peak, Monday to Friday 6.30am - 4.00pm. Charges apply for peak times.
- Non Member hire £12.00 per hour.
- For racquet hire, a £5 refundable deposit is payable, £2.20 per racquet for hire. Shuttlecock £1.00 to buy.
- Booking is essential, call Reception to book on 01403 219200
Please contact a member of the team for further information or call us on 01403 219200.
Badminton and Places Locker
Places Locker is our app for all things active. You earn MOVES for all the activity that you complete each week, build training programmes and book courts. Did you know a one hour badminton session could earn you 1,167 MOVES.