Drowning Prevention Week
17th - 24th June 2023
What is Drowning Prevention Week?
Drowning Prevention Week (DPW) aims to equip people across the UK and Ireland with the awareness, skills, and knowledge to enjoy water safety. It comes at a timely point of year. As more of us look to the water to cool us down throughout summer, it’s a period where the risk of accidental drowning rises.
At The Malden centre, we take water safety seriously, We know that there’s more to swimming than its physical and mental benefits, which is why we base our swimming lessons around building life skills for individuals, regardless of age and ability.
This is why we are hosting a range of activities during drowning prevention week surrounding water safety.
What can I get involved with?
- Rookie Lifeguard taster sessions
- Emergency first aid for parents
- Swimming Lessons - all will be water safety based
- After school club - flag colouring and education
- Water Polo fun session
- Aqua fit classes will have a drowning prevention theme
Or why not simply come along to look at our water safety display in reception, or talk to one of our experienced lifeguards?
Emergency first aid for parents
- When? Monday 19th June and Wednesday 21st June 12pm - 1pm
- Where? Community Room
- Price? Free
Water Polo Fun session
- When? Tuesday 20th June at 18:30-19:30
- Where? Teaching Pool
- Price? £6 for adults and £3.70 for children or free for members
- How to book? via our timetable
Please contact Malden Centre on 020 8336 7770 for more details