We are Walk Rotherham, the scheme set up to support residents and employees in the Rotherham area improve their health and wellbeing through increased walking activities.
We work with Primary and Secondary schools across Rotherham to encourage pupils and their families to take up an active commute. By walking to school instead of driving, families contribute to their children achieving the desired 60 minutes of physical activity per day.
The results are:
- Fitter, happier children that are more alter and ready to learn
- Improvement in air quality with a reduction in C02 emissions
#WalkRotherham support businesses to identify ways employees in traditionally sedentary roles can add more physical activity to their daily routine.
- Workplace walking challenges
- Active Commute
- Weekly Health Walks
We also offer Health & Wellbeing events at your business, offering mini health checks, assessing employee activity levels and identifying ways they can add more physical activity into their daily routine.
The results are:
- A fitter, more productive workforce
- A reduction in stress
- A reduction in employee sickness
Community Health Walks and Events
#WalkRotherham currently lead two Health Walks per week which are aimed at anyone that wishes to join a walking for health group:
- Kimberworth on Tuesday 10.00 – 11.00am. Meet at the Chislett Centre
- RMBC Riverside on Thursdays 12.30 – 1.00pm. Meet at Riverside House
If you are part of a community group and would like to know more about walking as a fitness activity and how it can benefit both physical and mental wellbeing, please email us:
Or telephone: 01709 722 567