Working For Us FAQs
A Career with Places Leisure
Do I have to have a Leisure background to work for Places Leisure?
No not all, skills can easily be transferred from other industries, plus we would love to train you and provide you with all the support and knowledge you need to exceed in your role. Different backgrounds provide the range of skills, experience and agility we need to be able to respond to the fast-paced environment we are in. It would of course be helpful if you have a passion for Leisure and be able to promote this within your role.
What is the culture like at Places Leisure?
When people ask us about the culture at Places Leisure, we always say that everyone here is hard working and has passion for the industry. People always strive to do their best and work well as a team, and it really shows! We are innovative and open with willingness to share ideas and support our team members. We believe that this is what makes us truly unique.
How do I apply for a job?
Well, you’re in the right place. Please go to our current vacancies page where you can search and apply for all our current opportunities. You can apply by following our 5 minute application process, upload a CV and a supporting statement which demonstrates how you meet the requirements of the role.
I don’t see a role I am interested in, what should I do?
If there are no suitable vacancies for you at this time, then why not register for our job alerts? This will mean that you will be notified when roles are advertised in your area of interest.
I’ve submitted an application. What happens next?
Once you have applied, we will send through an email to confirm that we have received your application. The hiring managers will then review applications in a timely manner. Sometimes we may receive an overwhelming response to applications so we would appreciate your patience throughout this process.
If you are selected for an interview, you will receive a notification of this via the email used when applying for the role.
If you are not selected to move forward in the application process, then you will also be notified via the email used when applying for the role. If you sign up for job alerts, then we can let you know of future roles that fit your area of interest.
How can I prepare for my interview with Places Leisure?
• Interviews can be a nervous process for some; however, we’ll do our best to make you feel at ease throughout this process with us. Make sure you come prepared with examples of your skills and experience that are relevant to the role.
• Think of some questions you may have for us, be curious and show that you understand the skills and responsibilities of the role.
• Research our company values and show us why we should choose you.
• If you are unsure how to answer a question, don’t be afraid to ask if you can come back to it later on in the interview.
• Finally, be yourself; we want to get to know you, your strengths, improvement areas and above all what makes you, you! We hope to welcome you to Places Leisure soon!
How long will my interview take?
This can vary from role to role, so you can check with your hiring manager for more information. No matter how long it takes, we’ll be sure to look after you from start to finish.
Will I have the opportunity to develop my career with Places Leisure?
Yes of course! If you are a motivated and driven individual, then with our continuous learning and development opportunities, we would love to support you in achieving the various qualifications to further develop the skills required for your chosen career path.