NPLQ course for 16-18 year olds living in Sandwell
Courses available at West Bromwich Leisure Centre
Do you have what it takes to be a lifeguard?
Learn new skills and help save the lives of others.
We have a free NPLQ course, exclusive to 16-18 year olds who live in Sandwell, running from 24th - 28th October at West Bromwich Leisure Centre. NPLQ is widely accepted by swimming pools in the UK and Ireland as a minimum qualification as a role of a lifeguard within the swimming pool. The NPLQ course includes 3 sections:
• Section 1 - The lifeguard and the Law, Swimming Pool and Supervision
• Section 2 - Intervention and Rescue and Emergency Action Plans
• Section 3 - Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and First Aid.
• Section 4 - AED
The course includes swimming pool rescue skills, basic life support, basic First Aid, managing a casualty suffering from a spinal injury, managing a swimming pool environment, identifying hazards that could cause harm to users and much more. Every candidate attending a NPLQ course must be 16-years-old at the time of taking the NPLQ final assessment and be able to:
• Jump/dive into deep water
• Swim 50 metres in less than 60 seconds
• Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water
• Tread water for 30 seconds
• Surface dive to the floor of the pool
• Climb out unaided without ladder/steps and where the pool design allows
Our course is due to run on the following date:
Monday 24th October - Friday 28th October
Please complete our enquiry form below to see if you're eligible and someone will be in touch.
Working in partnership with Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council