Exercise referral scheme
Improving my health
Exercise Referral is a 12-week programme designed to improve health and wellbeing by encouraging participants to move more within a safe and comfortable environment. The scheme aims to help those who suffer from, or are at risk of, developing chronic medical conditions and provides support to people whose health could benefit from a more active lifestyle.
How can physical activity help me?
Physical activity is an essential aspect of good health, managing conditions and preventing illness. By increasing your level of physical activity, you can support your body in:
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Increasing bone density
- Improving mobility, cholesterol levels, lung function and mood
- Lowering blood pressure, stress, and anxiety levels
What can I expect from the scheme?
Upon signing up to the scheme, you will meet our friendly team of trained staff at Cranleigh Leisure Centre. Together, you will agree a personal plan which considers your medical conditions, preferences, interests, and lifestyles.
During the 12-week programme, you will be provided with ongoing support from the team to achieve the goals set during your introductory session. This may include:
Am I eligible?
Those who are eligible include people who are currently inactive and suffer with one or more of the following medical conditions. This is inclusive of, but is not limited to:
- Obesity (BMI over 30)
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Simple mechanical (non-specific) back pain
- Total joint replacement
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Cancer rehabilitation
- Cardiac rehabilitation
How much does it cost?
The programme costs a total of £88.00. This includes an initial introduction session and programme design, unlimited use of the gym, the pool and exercise classes (your instructor will support you in deciding which classes suit your needs).
Your programme will be reviewed at the 6 week mid-point and your whole experience reviewed at the 12-week end-point, where we can discuss your membership options.
For more information on class times, please see our timetable.
How do I sign up?
Memory Lane Café
Running Tuesdays 9.00am - 11.30am
Come and join us every Friday morning (excluding school holiday's) for a tea or a coffee in our Memory Lane Café. We have created a safe and friendly environment for those living with Dementia and their carers to come and take a break, relax and meet new friends.
If you know anyone who would benefit from coming to our new group please just come down, no need to book or let us know you are coming.
A six-week aquatic journey for £28.00 to support you back into activity incorporating access to pool based activity sessions and swimming.
You can get a referral from participating health professionals. Contact our reception team on 01483 274400 for more information.
- 50+ Keep Fit: A low intensity aerobic workout for those aged 50+. Incorporating stretching and exercises to loosen joints and improve flexibility and mobility. Costing £5.20 per class
- Aquafit: A total body workout. Aquafit ensures that you use every muscle in your body by using water as resistance. The water takes out the impact of the moves. Work at your own levels and get results. Costing £7.30 per class
- Forever active: Suitable for older adults, pre and post natal and those new to exercise; Forever active is a low impact keep fit class with an extended warm up to maintain and improve co-ordination, flexibility, strength and fitness. Costing £5 per class.
These classes can be booked via our timetable.
Phase IV Cardiac Rehab
Designed for those recovering from heart attacks, heart surgery and cardiac interventions. Attendees need to be referred by their phase III cardiac team or GP using the BACPR cardiac rehabilitation referral form.
Starting weekly from Wednesday 5th October 10.30am - 11.45am.