What we can offer you
Our team of passionate individuals make Places Leisure what it is today, and that’s the expert organisation in the sector. Our people are our best asset and that’s why we’re committed to offering competitive benefits, high quality learning and development opportunities and unique in-house leadership development programmes.
Our People are our biggest asset. At every opportunity we look to facilitate a healthy work-life balance, including flexible working and promoting healthy lifestyles. Listed below are some of the fantastic benefits we offer our People:
- Active Workplaces scheme - free gym membership and a discounted membership for 1 spouse/partner residing at the same address, and up to 3 children under 18 years old.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual Leave purchase scheme - We are committed to positively promoting your health and wellbeing, so having the option to purchase additional annual leave supports you in balancing your home and work life.
- Pension scheme
- Competitive salary
For your home:
- Discounts on boilers and radiators
To save you money:
- Our Place Rewards - This is your exclusive colleague reward site, providing you with access to discounts, instant vouchers and cashback from your favourite stores, restaurants, cinemas, days out, travel, day-to-day spends and so many more special offers.
- Café discount
- Retail discount
- Apple/Microsoft products discount.
For your health:
- Discounted medical insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) - Care First provide you with free, 24/7 confidential support including advice on wellbeing, lifestyle, family support and money issues.
Learning and Development
We are committed to ensuring that all of our people are supported and encouraged to develop and progress. We invest in high quality learning and development to ensure that everyone is given the opportunity to realise their full potential.
First Aid and Lifeguarding
Nothing can be more important than saving a life; even if you are not yet employed by Places Leisure, this training is still available for you. Visit your nearest site and select the More link to find out what external training courses are on offer.
We place much emphasis on in-house coaching and mentoring. We believe strongly in the role our leaders, at all levels, can inspire and guide their colleague’s development.
Inductions and Refresher Training
Our people receive a generic, and site specific, training and induction programme. This always includes a customer service and equality awareness module. Each year our people also receive refresher training based on their own particular needs.
Enhancing You - Your Annual Performance Review
Annual reviews provide an excellent opportunity for our people to set out their future aspirations and to discuss how the company can support them in achieving these goals.
Leadership Development Programmes
We run two in-house talent development programmes; these are called ‘Rising Stars’ and ‘Aspiring Internal Managers’ (AIMs). These elite programmes develop our future leaders of the organisation. They are for exceptional people who are looking to progress their careers with Places Leisure.
The 6 month Rising Stars programme concludes with a ‘Dragons Den’ where the Rising Stars present to members of the Places Leisure Board. To date, 62% of all Rising Star graduates have been promoted within the Company and 75% of all Rising Stars graduates since 2013 remain employed at Places Leisure.
Our Chartered Institute, CIMSPA, (Chartered Institute of Sport and Physical Activity) has recognised the achievements of our Rising Stars by awarding free CIMSPA membership for a year to all Rising Stars graduates.
The Aspiring Internal Manager’s programme is run in partnership with Lifetime Training. This is a completely bespoke programme which is accredited, and individuals who complete it are awarded a Level 2 Certificate in Access to Leadership.
Our sites run ‘employee of the month’ schemes which reward and recognise the outstanding achievements of our people. The Company also runs the annual ‘Star Awards’ which is an opportunity to give those who ‘go the extra mile’ the credit they deserve and recognise them as ambassadors of the organisation. Without their dedication, commitment, hard work and determination, Places Leisure would not be a forward facing, ever evolving organisation.