Move Crew is a programme developed with the expertise of teachers and physical activity specialists, elite athletes, kids and coaches. Each week sets a new mission, with activities each day to complete.
to keep them busy and active
Kids should aim for 60 minutes of activity each day. We know that may feel difficult right now, that's why we've put together these fun ideas to get them active. There's also some just to keep them entertained!
We'd love to see what you get up to. Please post on Facebook and tag us @PlacesLeisure using #NoPlacesLikeHome
Challenge your family members to do the exercises that spell out their name - or a word of your choice!
Les Mills BORN TO MOVE
When it comes to learning a whole lot of cool moves from dance, martial arts and yoga this class is the way to go. Each 20 or 40-minute class is jam-packed with cool music and foundation fitness moves and fun games. There's even an Avengers class!
You'll find loads of free BORN TO MOVE classes on the Places Locker app - and even more for you!
From Toy Story to Frozen to The Incredibles, Change for Life has loads of Disney-inspired indoor games and 10 Minute Shake Up activities to help kids stay active while everyone's at home.
Although zoos, parks, museums and galleries are currently closed, many are offering free virtual tours so you can experience them from home:
Entertain the kids with a trip to the zoo:
- Go on a safari at Longleat
- Explore Paignton Zoo and watch the animal webcams
- See Elephants, Koalas, Polar Bears and more at San Diego Zoo
Take in the sights and maybe plan a family trip for when this is all over.
- Head to the Grand Canyon, take in the scenery and visit historical archaeological sites
- Watch the sunset over the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland
- Take a virtual tour of the stones at Stonehenge
- Walk through Central Park in New York
- Tour the Magic Kingdom, Epcot and more at Walt DisneyWorld in Florida
Or, for some real escapism, you can even visit Mars!