Elmbridge Healthy Communities Classes
Get active in Elmbridge
We are delighted to be running the Exercise Referral and Healthy Communities Classes within Elmbridge from the 6th January 2020.
To help you get to grips with this change, we have put together the following questions and answers. If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact Elmbridge Xcel Leisure Complex on 01932 260300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I book onto the community classes?
You can book onto the community classes in person at the centre or over the phone (01932 260300). We will be able to find your membership using either your name or membership number.
You can also book online, which is quicker and easier - if you're already a member of the leisure centre, simply follow the instructions below.
- Click the 'Log In' button in the top right-hand corner of the webpage and enter the same details that you used for setting up your Places Membership.
- You will be greeted with ‘hi (customers name)’ and listed below this are your booking options. Please select ‘Book Now’ and choose Elmbridge Xcel Leisure Complex as your centre of choice. Once the centre is selected, you will automatically see today’s classes and activities. Please use the tabs to go day-by-day or select the calendar icon to select your preferred activity date. When you have found your class, select ‘add to basket’.
- Once you have finished adding classes to your basket, select ‘view your basket’, located in the top right of the page. You will then need to agree to the T&Cs before continuing to pay for the class.
- Then add your card details and securely submit your payment. Following this, you will receive a confirmation email and you will also be able to see this booking in your ‘My Bookings’ section.
What if I'm not a member?
No problem! It's easy to sign up! Our free Places Membership is perfect for those looking to ‘pay as you move’ for each class. It gives you:
- 7 days' advanced booking
- Use of our Places Locker app – for quick booking, tracking your moves, challenges, exercise programmes and more
- Use of SWIMTAG – wearable technology to track your swim performance and stroke
You can create an online account by following these steps:
1. Click the Membership tab at the top of the webpage.
2. Press the Join Now orange button.
3. From the drop-down menu, select Elmbridge Xcel Leisure Complex and tick the box to set this as your preferred site.
4. Select the ‘Places Membership – FREE’ and add this to your basket.
5. Click on your basket. You will then be provided with three options. Please select ‘I’m New…’ to register.
6. Complete the form with your personal details to create your account.
7. Please read and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
8. You will then receive confirmation of your free membership by email. Please ensure that you verify your online account as soon as you have received this email. (Double check your junk mail folder if you don’t receive this.) You will then be able to access your online account and book.
How do I pay for the community classes?
You will be asked to pay at the time of booking.
Please note that we are not able to accept cash or card payments for the classes at the community setting.
What about booking via the Places Locker app?
Good question! The quickest way to book your classes is through our Places Locker app. This can be downloaded for free through the App Store, Google Play.
It is important to note that you will need to use the same email address when setting up your account on the Places Locker app as you used to set up your membership.
Once logged into the Places Locker app, you are then able to log into the ‘Member Area’ using your log in details that you set up your Places Membership with online. (We recommend selecting ‘remember me’ when logging in to save you doing it more than once.)
Booking your class using the app is the same as booking online. Don’t forget, that as a Places Member you can book up to 7 days in advance.
Can you tell me more about the Places Locker App?
Places Locker app is your go-to fitness partner! It tracks your all activity, in the centre and out, as well as offering new workouts, digital challenges and quick access to bookings. Plus, you can pair it with a range of different apps and ‘wearables’ so you can see just how active you are. Places Locker is available for Apple (iOS) and Android devices.
Find out more here: https://www.placesleisure.org/places-locker/