Active for Health (Cardiac Rehabilitation)
The Active for Health cardiac exercise programme is an exercise programme for people living with a heart condition (including heart failure) or who have had a cardiac event (such as a heart attack or heart surgery). The programme is delivered by specialist BACPR Cardiac Rehabilitation Instructors.
Benefits of the programme:
- Feel fitter and stronger
- Feel more confident to do exercise with your condition
- Reduce risk of further heart disease and cardiac events
- Improve mood and reduce anxiety
- Social interaction and meeting new friends
All patients receive:
- Free Initial and 12 week Review - 2 x 30 minute consultations with a specialist BACPR instructor who will support clients onto the programme
- Initial 3 classes FREE, with a discounted class attendance rate of £3.75 per class after free period
- Support throughout to increase active daily living
- Social time after each class with free hot drink
- Maintenance class to support being physically active long term
What does the exercise programme involve?
The weekly class includes a mixture of cardiovascular and strength exercises that are designed to consider your cardiac condition whilst delivering health and fitness benefits. We use a variety of equipment and methods to ensure that you can work at your own level, enjoy your workout and allow you to increase your independence and confidence for everyday activities.
All sessions are supervised by experienced BACPR Cardiac Rehabilitation & Heart Failure instructors.
Classes take place on weekdays at our Rotherham, Aston and Maltby sites.
How to get involved:
Please contact the Healthy Living team on 01709 722567 for more information on how to be referred and secure your free place.