Learn to save lives this October
The NPLQ is the most awarded lifeguard qualification in the UK and Ireland and is also internationally recognised. We regularly run NPLQ courses here at Loughton Leisure Centre. Learn valuable life saving skills and become qualified for a job in lifeguarding with part time and full time options available.
- Monday 24th to Friday 28th October
- Assessment day on Saturday 29th or Sunday 30th October
For more information or to book your place, please contact:
Jake Goddard: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or, call us on 01992 716733
All candidates must meet the following criteria to take part in this course:
- Be aged 16+ on the date of the assessment
- Be able to jump/dive into deep water
- Swim 50m in under 60 seconds
- Able to swim 100m consistently on their front
- Able to swim 100m consistently on their back
- Able to tread water for 30 seconds in deep water
- Able to surface dive to the floor of the pool
- Able to climb out of the pool unaided without a ladder where the pool design permits
Pursue your career with us and we'll fund your course!
If you become a regular Lifeguard with us upon successful completion of your NPLQ, and continue to work with us until at least the end of February, we'll cover your course fee for you!*
Working at Places Leisure comes with so many exciting opportunities, alongside the chance to progress your career in leisure, with potential Placemaker, Placemaker Manager, and Duty Manager roles available.
*this offering is subject to availability of job roles.