PWTAG Accredited Pool Plant Operator Certificate
Everything you need to effectively maintain a swimming pool
This course covers everything you need to effectively maintain, correctly test and restore pool water so it is safe and pleasant to swim in. It is approved by the Pool Water Treatment Advisory Group (PWTAG). This means that our training is of the highest standard, meeting PWTAG guidelines which are widely viewed as best practice.
The course is delivered through a mixture of classroom activities and practical learning.
You will learn about:
- Maintaining swimming pool hygiene
- Controlling chlorine and chemical levels
- Managing water supplies and water treatment
- Testing for pollution and parasite infection
- Maintaining pipes, circulation and filtration
- Promoting health and safety
- Disinfecting water
- Balancing pH and alkalinity
- Diagnosing and testing the water
- Making savings on heating, ventilation and energy
Got a question?
Who is it designed for?
Anyone involved in and responsible for the day to day operation of pool plant. This includes local authority employees, schools and private pool owners.
You must be at least 18 years of age. Previous experience within a plant room is recommended.
How much does it cost?
Upcoming course dates
We have a couple of different course date options for you to choose from:
- 24th, 25th and 26th January
- 18th, 19th and 20th July