Under 8s Swim Free
We are delighted to announce that all children under 8 years old can swim for FREE at Dover Leisure Centre when accompanied by a full paying adult.
Swimming skills, particularly among children, are fundamental to ensure they have the ability to survive in and around the water.
Regular swimming helps children become confident and familiar with water, especially swimming with a parent or family members – being in the water with someone they trust shows them that it is safe and FUN!
Even if your child is having swimming lessons, swimming at other times will let them practice what they have learnt and give them a chance to develop and enjoy the skills they are learning.
Click here to register for the free swim scheme.
If you feel your child would benefit from swimming lessons, please fill in this form to register your interest and we will be in touch. We are proud to follow Swim England’s Learn to Swim programme at Dover Leisure Centre.
Register your interest here:
Terms and conditions:
- Free swimming is available during the following sessions:
- All public/general swimming sessions
- Just Swim sessions
- Family and Fun sessions (Note: some sessions may not be free of charge if equipment is used e.g. an inflatable.)
- Children under 8 years old MUST be supervised by a parent or adult (18 years or over) throughout their use of the pool facilities. Those supervising must accompany the children in the water.
- Maximum ratio of two children to one adult.