Health and wellbeing
Improving my health
Our programmes support recovery, rehabilitation and your overall health and wellbeing.
Please note due to current restrictions we are unable to operate these activities at present.
The Mole Valley Exercise Referral Scheme offers health professionals the opportunity to refer individuals to an exercise and healthy living programme. Exercise on referral is a scheme that aims to improve health and make positive change for life.
If you suffer from one of the following, then a health profession could refer you to our exercise referral programme:
Inclusion criteria include:
- Type 1 or type 2 diabetes
- Hypertension (<180/100mmHg)
- Hyperlipidaemia (> 5mmol/l)
- BMI >30 (BMI>25 if another risk factor present)
- Chronic respiratory disease
- Neurological conditions such as Multiple Sclerosis
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Stable angina
- Diagnosed coronary heart disease.
- Long-standing back pain
- Physical disabilities where independent physical activity is suitable.
- People with mental health conditions e.g. depression and anxiety
Health professionals include:
- Practice Nurse
- Community Nurse
- Mental health professionals
- Occupational therapists
- Specialist nurses
- Physiotherapists (both NHS and private)
Our Exercise on Referral scheme gives you unlimited sessions over a 3-month period giving you access to the gym, swimming pool and Aqua fitness classes. You get a consultation and programme write up with one of our highly qualified personal trainers.
The scheme costs £45.00 for the whole 3 months (£2.25 per session).
For more information, please call 01306 870180 or complete our enquiry form: