Health and Wellbeing
Improving my health
Our programmes support recovery, rehabilitation and your overall health and wellbeing.
Health and Wellbeing Classes
As well as our regular exercise classes, we offer a variety of classes aimed specifically at people who suffer from health conditions, therefore may not want to join in the regular classes. If this applies to you, please read on to see what we can offer. All the classes are run by one of our Personal Trainers, Heidi, who specialises in exercise for people with health conditions.
When: Tuesdays 12:30-1:30pm
How Much: £4.50
What is it: It is a group circuit class aimed at people who have a heart condition, but is also suitable for people with other health conditions who feel regular classes are too much for them. There are a variety of cardiovascular and strength building exercises, easily scalable for all fitness levels.
Seated Exercise Class
When: Tuesdays 11:45-12:15pm
How Much: £3.50
What is it: This is a seated group exercise class aimed at people who need gentle, light strengthening exercises. It is particularly suited to people who have had a stroke, and/or have limited mobility, especially when walking. All exercises are instructor-led, and easily scalable to your fitness levels.
Sturdy and Strong
When: Thursdays 4:15-5pm
How Much: £4
What is it: This is a group-based class aimed specifically at people who struggle with their balance and want to get stronger. It aims to improve mobility and independence. It includes a mixture of gentle cardiovascular exercise, strengthening exercises and balance-improvement work. There are both seated and standing exercises, therefore participants must be happy being on their feet (use of walking sticks and other aids are absolutely fine).
If you are interested in any of these classes, but are not sure which one is most suited for you, please email Heidi on HeidiZymela@pfpleisure.org, or call the centre on 01276417111, and Heidi will be happy to assist you!
Exercise Referral Scheme
Have a health condition and want to take part in exercise? Feel you need one to one guidance from a qualified instructor? Our GP Referral Scheme is the one for you!
- It is a 12 week unique membership costing £60, which includes use of the gym, swimming pool and exercise classes.
- You will get a personalised gym plan written for you by one of our qualified staff and a check-in every three weeks to see how you are getting on.
- All you need is a referral form from your GP or healthcare professional, such as a nurse or physiotherapist.
- Common health conditions that you can be referred for include:
o High Blood Pressure
o Arthritis (Rheumatoid and Osteo)
o Mental Health Conditions
o Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
o Stable Heart Disease/Angina
o Neurological Problems
- Other conditions not mentioned here can also be accepted at the discretion of the Exercise Instructor. Your health is our main concern, therefore if we feel the scheme is not appropriate for you, we will discuss other options.
- If your healthcare professional is not aware of the scheme and does not have the form, please contact the centre and we will be happy to give out the form.
- Any questions regarding the scheme, please contact Heidi on HeidiZymela@pfpleisure.org, or ring the centre on 01276 417111 for more information.