Using our booking system
Can I book sessions at my centre?
Our centres will be re-opening at different times. Please visit your area's information page for more guidance.
What do I need to do to use the booking system?
You can book in our member area or by downloading the Places Locker app. Please use the email address linked to membership record as your username, this is how we know who you are and the centre that you use. Please visit our guide for help with registering.
If you haven’t registered yet, but we hold your email address (members, for example) you'll be asked to register when you when you first book.
If we don’t hold your email address, just ask at reception on your next visit, and the team will be happy to add it to your account.
Can you tell me a little more about the Places Locker app?
For news of the Places Locker features, home workout content in our Virtual Studio and how to download it, please visit the page below.
What are the features within booking?
- ‘Quick book’– Book & check-out in just two clicks! This option displays when classes are free to you as part of your membership. Just choose ‘Book now’ and look out for the ‘Quick book’ button.
- Rebook – If you go to the same classes every week, rebook is perfect for you! Simply go to ‘My bookings’, and click on the button to the right of the class you booked last time.
- Easier multiple bookings – Add up to 10 activities to your basket and book in one go!
- Filters – Find the activities that matter to you, even faster! Whether that’s the type of class, the intensity, the time, or simply what’s available. Select ‘Book now’ and the filters are right there – you can even name your filter and save it to use another time.
- Remember your payment details – Paying for a class? You’ll now have the option to save your card details, instead of entering them for every booking.
Save your filters
Are there any other booking rules I should know?
Based on your feedback, we have a 2 hour cancellation window. This gives those of you that couldn’t book onto full classes a chance to attend. Any cancellations that take place over 2 hours before the class begins won't incur a late cancellation charge. However, if you cancel less than 2 hours before the class, there is a £2.50 late cancellation charge.
How do I cancel my class?
The new booking system gives you complete control 24/7, and you will be able to cancel from your mobile phone or PC just by logging in. You can also cancel by speaking to the reception team or by ringing the centre.
We’d always ask for you to give us as much notification as possible if you cancel, so that other customers can attend the class.
Below is a summary of the charges.
Class/activity (Free as part of membership)
Cancelled more than 2 hours from start of class: NO Charge
Late cancellation (cancelled less than 2 hours of start of class): £2.50*
"No show" class not attended: £2.50*
*Booking rights suspended until payment received
Cancellation: Full price of class
"No show" class not attended: Full price of class
Why is the cancellation window 2 hours?
Based on customer feedback, we feel 2 hours is reasonable notice to cancel and it allows other customers enough time to discover the new space and get to the class.
A copy of the terms and conditions will be available when you first book.
How do I register my attendance at a class to avoid ‘no show’ charges?
Registering your attendance at a class will avoid any ‘no show’ charges being applied to your account. Across our sites there are two ways of doing this, the first of which is a visit to reception, the second is by checking in (swiping your card) at one of our self-service terminals. The majority of our centres offer both.
Please check back for updates regularly – answers to any popular questions will be added here.